Saturday, July 18, 2009

Llanarth and Flydon Stud

On Wednesday I visited the Llanarth and Flydon Studs. At Llanarth I was met by Anne and Len Bigley, lovely people who really helped me out with what I should be doing as Young Ambassador. They showed me their ponies and I was very impressed with their cob stallion Llanarth Prince of Wales and their cob colts. Their section B's are a different type to what I had been seeing, By the beautiful stallion Douthwaite Signwriter, they have much more bone and substance which was refreshing to see. I very much enjoyed Llanarth and would like to thank Anne and Len for their hospitality.

We then travelled to Flydon Stud where we were bet by Jill and Lottie Abrahall. They showed me around their ponies who were all very beautiful and all very similar, like peas in a pod! They had some beautiful mares and foals and in particular the mare Flydon Llwy Arian and her very impressive filly foal Flydon Llwy De. We then stayed for Dinner and they put out a very delicious spread and some lovely wine. I would also like to thank Jill and Lottie for their delicious food and great conversation (so much so it took alot of insisting from Claire to make Nigel and I leave).

Another late night but well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment