Monday, August 3, 2009

The Sunday before the Royal Welsh

The Sunday before the Royal Welsh was a busy day of packing the car and loading the section C mare and foal onto the float and travelling to the show grounds. We arrived and unloaded the mare and foal and packed the rest of the gear into the lorry which was already on the grounds.

Claire spent most of the afternoon in the horse foremans giving people their stable allocations and trying to sort out any qualms. I then went up to find John Riley and he showed me around the cattle and sheep shed. There were thousands of cattle and sheep, breeds of which I had never seen before so I found it really interesting!

We then went onto the Calonfan Gneifio Meirion Shearing Centre where they had a church service. Lots of people were there for it and they had the welsh choir The Bargoed Male Voice Choir leading the singing of the hymns. They were really great to listen to although I found it hard to follow the welsh hymns because I couldnt pronounce any of the words!

We then went onto the bar where the choir followed and there was alot of singing!

No comments:

Post a Comment